I have had bits and pieces of things that I have wanted to post with cute pictures and such but it just isn't happening. So here are the ramblings and reminders in my head, in an all business format.
I turned 30 on the 16th of this month. Jacob made a wonderful Salmon dinner and then he and the kids gave me some wonderful gifts. He put the candles in the brownies a bit to soon and so the brownies had cute waxy color holes all over. The kids and I thought that was pretty cool. Two days before my birthday Jacob threw a great party with lots of our friends. He ended up having to do nursing home rounds up until about 30 minutes before the party started so I also got to learn how to cook a dutch oven dinner. Yes, you would think this is something I already knew how to do, but, observing constantly doesn't equal doing. 30's not so bad. I have a lot to be grateful over my 30 years, I just keep trying to focus on that and remind myself that 30 is the new 20.
Jacob is having a busy non-call month. He was really looking forward to getting back and sleeping in a bit. That's what we get for thinking. Since we have been back he has only had one or two days that he hasn't had a patient in the hospital. No sleeping in when you have to check on your patients before rounds. Maybe next month :)
Spencer started first grade. The first day of school went over a lot better than the first day of Kindergarten and I am proud to say there were not tears, from anyone. Although, by the end of the first day I sure was having a hard time waiting for him to finally get home. He has had no problems with the new length of school and is pretty much loving everything about first grade. He absolutely loves lunch and recess time and told me that PE is the greatest subject ever. He also really likes art and music. The art doesn't surprise us at all but for a kid who still can't sing I am a Child of God, the music enjoyment pretty much floored us. He is doing great in his class subjects and the reading is really starting to come along. I can't begin to explain what a relief that is. He really is doing great and working hard. We are pretty proud of that little guy.
Jessi is loving being the oldest at home however the newness of it all is starting to wear off. She was mommies little helper for the whole first week of school. Now when I ask for mommies little helper she asks why she has to do everything. She does it, just with a little more murmuring than before.
I keep thinking I need to start potty training Kristian. I am pretty sure he is ready and I am just putting it off because Jessi broke me when it comes to potty training. That's right, I am blaming it on her. So now that I have typed it I need you all to start asking me how it is going so that I actually do it. I am so tired of buying 3 boxes of diapers at a time.
Kami has learned to roll from her back to her stomach. She has not learned to roll from her stomach to her back. She gets tired of being on her stomach rather quickly. It has made for some interesting two weeks of her and me being frustrated with each other. She just can't seem to understand why I don't want to roll her back over every 5 minutes. Hopefully she will finish the skill of rolling back pretty soon.
We have done a few more home projects lately. I stripped the old caulk from the master tub and re caulked it. This was a nasty, dirty job but the difference is night and day. I really should have gotten to that sooner. Jacob has started to lay wood floors in the main floor hallways and kitchen. I am so excited that we ( and by we I mean he) are getting to this project. The floors were pretty much one of the top things I didn't like and wanted to update. It has been worth the wait. I will post pictures when the project is complete. I am starting to look for paint colors for the basement and hope to get going on the last three rooms in the next little bit. The thought of having every room painted is a great one. To bad the mere thought of it won't get it painted.
So that's my mind. Now I can free up some space up there. All caught up, without much stress. Works for me :)
3 comments:
Melissa you are so cute! I love it! I had no idea that you had never cook with a dutch oven. Your birthday dinner was amazing!!! By the way how is potty training going? :) Now you can ask me about it for Chloe :) oh the joys of parenting!
I always like it when I don't have to scroll to the bottom to see if you or Jacob is writing before I read your posts. As soon as I read the words "cute pictures" in the second line I knew, so thanks for saving me those few extra mouse scrolls.
I'm impressed by how much you two have got done on your house. Especially with how much you have been able to get Jacob to help with. I guess that just shows you the difference between a brother and a wife. I couldn't get him to do anything when we lived in the same house. :)
Robert,
I think it has to do with what tools the job uses. I have yet to get him to pick up a paint brush but he had to change his saw blade today because it was getting dull from all the use.
With that said, I must admit, he has done a ton of projects and does a great job. He is the greatest. (I need to make sure I don't offend him like the "guppies" comment. I still have a few more projects on my list :)
Post a Comment