Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Purpose of Catching Up

Okay, so I know I haven't posted here in a while.  And I know that it is extremly sad that I can post on my quilting blog almost every other day and neglect this blog for months.  Which is why it is random that quilting is what is bringing me back here.

You see, this weekend I attended a Quilting Conference in SL, (okay you can stop giggling now :) and one of the classes I attended during the conference was on bloging and social media.  The first thing the speaker told us was that your blog needed to have a purpose and then stick to that purpose.  I started thinking about that and realized that the original purpose of this family blog is for keeping a journal of our family.  (Since I do horrible and a written journal).  And I guess I can say I am doing horrible at the purpose.

So . . . I am trying to turn over a new leaf, again :)  I am going to try and keep a better log of what is going on with our family.  Which comes with a warning . . .  I want to keep up with this which means I probably won't spend tons of time trying to be wity or clever in my posts.  Yup, travel logs and photo's are what you have to look forward to.  Sorry, but I have decided I am okay with that since that is the purpose of me blogging here.  (Hopefully, Jacob can keep it somewhat entertaining for you all, since we know he is filled with whit :)

So, with that intro .. . . .

Here is a little catch-up (and yes, there will be more summer catch-up to follow with pictures and travel logs :)

SCHOOL DAYS

It's a new school year and a new school (South Elementary, the same elementary Jacob went to) in our new home!!  The kids ride the bus to school and are really enjoying that, and I am enjoying not having to drive them all around.

Jessica is in First Grade this year.  Mrs. Bali is here teacher and Jessi adores her.  She has been working hard all summer on her reading with Grandma Corry and has greatly improved.  She had so much fun school shopping this year with her Aunt Corinne and Grandma Powell.  She is very particular about pulling her ensembles together in the morning and loves always being super stylish.

Spencer started 3rd Grade this year.  He has Mrs. Segler, who oddly enough was teaching at South Elementary when Jacob attended.  Spencer loves his teacher as well.  Spencer has always been a hard worker in school and continues this.  He is super excited about reading "Big" Chapter books now.


This isn't Kristian and Kami's first day but they are both in school as well now.  Kristian attends the South Elementary Preschool and gets to be in the same class as his cousin Ty. He is learning so much in school and he absolutely loves it.  We are loving that he is getting a bit beetter at socializing with other kids, as he tends to be quite the little independent guy.

Kami is also starting school at the early intervention center.  She basically is a year behind in her speech and a year ahead in her comprehension, so she can't communicate 2 years worth of what she understands.  (If that makes any sense :)   So now she is super excited to get to go to school like her brothers and sister.   She goes once a week and seems to really be enjoying it.  She is talking more to her Grandma Corry, who she will talk for.  We are still waiting for her to get over her stubbornness and talk to us as well.



We'll I planned to catch up more but I am exhausted.  I will post again soon.  Baby Steps, right :)

No comments: