I have a general rule that I avoid posting for a short time after Melissa has posted something to give her some front page air time. Today I'm breaking that rule. It's not just because I'm embarrassed to have such nice things written about me it's also because I really want to comment on Tiger's appology.
I watched the appology today on espn.com and I was impressed. Sure it was a written apology that was prepared beforehand, but it was straightforward. There was no hiding. I didn't see any hidden agenda and I truly believe he wants to change and has taken steps to that end.
At the end he asked that his fans would come to believe in him again someday. That day for me is today. I hope he can fix his family. What he did today (and for the past few months in therapy) makes him a hero to me.
2 comments:
I fully agree. None of us are perfect but it is what we do about our challenges and imperfections that shows our true character.
Like he said. His true apology to his wife will show through his actions. I'm willing to believe he's sincere, but I'm not sure he's won me back yet. (But I don't think I'm exactly his target audience.)
Post a Comment