Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Day!!

So I would have liked to post this on Sunday but the day was kind of full and I am just now having time.

First off, Happy Mother's Day (2 days late) to all of the mom's that read this blog. A special Happy Mother's Day to our mom's Christine and Barbara!! We love you two and don't know what we would do without you.

As I said, our Mother's Day was a little busy. Jacob had a meeting Sunday morning and then worked on finishing up his talk. I got the kids fed, and ready for church. We decided we were going to go a bit early (earlier than normal that is) as we were blessing Kamryn and I wanted to feed her right before so that she would be happy. We both managed to finish our intended duties and got in the car on scheduled time to head to church. This is where the plan started to fall apart.

Kamryn screamed the whole way to church, and I mean 15 minutes straight. I decided this was probably just because she was hungry and ready to eat and that everything would be just perfect once we got to church. We arrived and I made a bottle and started to feed her, unfortunately she continued to cry. After 2 ounces, fighting me the whole way, she gave up and just decided to fall asleep. Church is starting and I am starting to freak out.

Why is it that no matter how much you plan, things never quite go as planned. I quickly said a few prayers that this little random cat nap would last through the blessing and she wouldn't wake up and decide she was finally ready to eat. About 3 minutes before the blessing Kamryn woke up and I really begin to panic. Jacob keeps reminding me that if she cries, she cries. No big deal but I am still stressed. The time came and Kamryn was still awake but randomly just starring around. Her dad gave her a wonderful blessing and she was a little angel. She looked quite adorable as well (Thanks again Emilee and Bonnie for your help in altering the dress.) As soon as it was done I took her back and she quietly finished her bottle. I am so grateful for tender mercies that can keep an infant content on an empty stomach.




The primary kids then sang a Mother's Day song. It is so fun to have children old enough to sing in church. Spencer actually sang as well. Normally he stands and waves (or makes the Texas "hook em" sign). Jessi is still a little shy to sing on stage but she sings enough at home to make up for it.

I then found myself on the bench again alone with 4 kids as Jacob gave his talk. I was once again, very grateful that they all behaved so that I could actually listen to Jacob's talk. Jacob informs me that this about his 4th time talking on Mother's Day since we have been married. He wouldn't mind the trend ending but I like it. He gave a wonderful talk on the importance of Women and payed me a very nice tribute at the end. (that is why I wouldn't mind the trend not ending, I am selfish that way).

After church my Mother's Day part of Mother's Day began. I was sent up to take a nap while dad and the kids made dinner. I was out like a light and the next thing I knew there was a wonderful dinner at the table and peanut butter cookies in the oven. Heaven!! The meal was great and the dishes were done while I sat at the table. Again, Heaven. Spencer made me a wonderful Mother's Day card and we spent the rest of the evening playing together with little to no fighting or winning and talking to our mom's.

Thank you to my wonderful family for making such a great Mother's day for me!

2 comments:

Erica said...

I'm glad Kamryn's baby blessing went so well! I agree that it's no fun when they scream through it-it kind of makes me feel like what's the point! ;>
Happy belated Mother's Day and kudos to Jake and your kids for making yours so special.

becca said...

cute pictures!! How great that everything worked out on Blessing Sunday. :) Happy Mother's Day to you too!