Friday, May 15, 2009

A Few Finished Projects

I still have an entire room full of project's I am working on not to mention half a house that still needs to be painted and updated but here are some of the latest completed projects that can be checked off the list.


First - Making Jessi a Belt


Jessi is so long and skinny that finding pants to fit her is not an easy task. We also have been given quite a few pair of really cute pants that I want her to be able to wear. So I decided to make a belt. Just 3/4 yard of ribbon, a bit of Velcro, and about 5 minutes and ta da!! You have a belt that makes my 3 year old very happy!! It makes me happy to as I don't have to see her cute little bum cheeks every time she bends over and the Velcro makes it so I don't have to assist her in getting her pants down every time she runs to the bathroom.





Second - Kamryn's Crib Quilt


So remember a few posts back when I said I was working on a new quilt to match the new crib sheet and bumper pads that I had made. Well it is done and I love it!! This is my first quilt that I made without a pattern. I just cut up a bunch of squares, and rectangles out of all my scraps and just started piecing it together. At first it was a bit difficult for me as OCD in me really likes to know where I am heading with a project. I pressed on though and by the end of it I was really starting to enjoy the total freedom in it. I then used the leftovers to make a binding and for the first time ever, free-motion quilted!! I am not perfect at it by any means, but I loved quilting it. It was so much fun and I just love the look of the finish product. Have I mentioned I really love this quilt.







Third - Job Charts for the Kids


I have wanted to make job charts for years!! Every time I start on one I get frustrated that it looks more like a spreadsheet than a kids job chart and delete everything I have started and give up. So the other day when Jacob's cousin's wife (say that 3 times fast) posted the cutest job chart that she had made on her blog I decided to pick up the project again. She had a link to a "template" that you could download and print. I thought great!! This really is going to be easy.

Well it wasn't that easy but it was fun. I quickly found out that you had to have Photo Shop to open the template so I talked to my good friend Becca, who happens to have Photo Shop, and set up a play date for our kids and us. Wednesday we ate lunch at her house and then began the project. She opened the download and I was shocked to find that the template consisted of black and white boxes. I asked her where all the colors and cute stuff went and she explained that a template is just the layout and the fun part is filling in the layout with all your choices. I was very fortunate that she had tons of cute digital scrap booking stuff and is very talented at photo shop. So anyhow, we had a great afternoon with 7 kids running around while 2 moms tried to keep everyone happy and create a digital masterpiece. I would say we were very successful!! Aren't they just great!! Thanks again Becca!! You are the greatest!!


6 comments:

becca said...

hey the belt turned out perfect it seems!!! I love that you used a fat ribbon. Very cute. The quilt is amazing too. Look at you with your random creative-ness. I am impressed! Nadar is too cute with the chalk! Enjoy your charts!

Alison said...

The belt IS cute :) and that pic of Spencer is a classic. You'll have to save that one for the wedding reception someday.

Heather said...

you impress me...how do you find time?! I love the quilt!

Amber Lee said...

Bailey was reading your blog with me and said WOW! when we saw your baby quilt--LOVE IT!! You're so amazing.
Also, I definitely need the template for those job charts--I have photoshop elements, which should work. I've tried all kinds of things, and like you said (spreadsheets) usually they're dull, so this should be nice for a change.

Jenna Marie said...

The Job Charts turned out great! I'm glad you liked the templates! And I guess I should have explained that a little better- that you needed your own elements and stuff... sorry! :)
I LOVE that idea for a belt! I'm going to have to steal that one... Trade for the template?? :)
Oh... I'm also loving the quilt as well! You did an amazing job! I really wish that was one of my talents!

Anonymous said...

Amber Lee, The template that I downladed from here
http://brookie-wookie.blogspot.com/search?q=job+chart+template

Sorry, I don't know how to do one of those cool link things.

Jenna, No worry on the explaining, we had a blast regardless!!