Growing up there was always a wealth of quotes and pictures of Heber J Grant in our house. One quote in particular was often recited and I believe my mother has a few wall hangings with these words on them:
"That which we persist in doing becomes easier for us to do, not that the nature of the thing is changed, but our power to do is increased."
I have always correlated these words with President Grant's acquired talent of penmanship, and wondered what great talent I could acquire. Maybe I could learn to play the piano or something of the like, but up until today I had never really understood that he may not have been talking about some special talent that goes from pathetic to wonderful (as with the penmanship). Maybe he was talking about life in general.
I'm currently on my 4th call of my second month of OB and I've got to tell you this has definitely become easier for me to do. I still don't love OB and I'm not too excited when my pager goes off, but my power to handle what comes during an OB call has really increased.
Maybe if we have a few more kids it will be easier for me to deal with crying babies.......or maybe not.
No comments:
Post a Comment