Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Happy 31st Jacob!!

Yesterday was Jacob's birthday. We celebrated by having Grandma and Grandpa over for a special birthday dinner. Jacob got to pick the entree (chicken manacotti) and I suprised him with an appitizer of Crab Stuffed Portebello Mushrooms. Which I must say, turned out very well. We finished off with Pecan Pie or Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake (whichever your preference) and completly forgot about candles or singing happy birthday. I guess it just isn't necessary after 30.

After dinner Daddy had to go on a treasure hunt to find his presents. Once he learned how to decipher the maps we had made him, things got fun. He had a map and a clue to help him find each of his hidden presents. My particular favorite clue was "Children, Children, Oh so Dear, You'll find your Gift where they rest their Rear". Jacob got some chocolate, the Singles Ward and the 2nd Singles Ward Movies and a Jon Bon Jovi CD. He made out pretty good this year. (Thanks to some fabulous Amazon shopping).

After the "present" hunt we all retired to the family room where Kristian decided to give Daddy the best birthday present of all. He started walking back and forth between whomever was sitting on the floor. I think once he even got 6 or 7 steps before falling into someone's arms. Then of course the camera came out. I haven't downloaded off our camera for a bit because the laptop is in Kentucky getting fixed but as soon as it get back I will be sure to put on some film of his first offical walking. What a great Birthday Suprise.

Well that is about it. It was a fun day. Happy Birthday to a very Special Dad!!

2 comments:

Ryan Esplin said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob. Now that you are 31, does life really change much once you get into the 30s? I'll be turning 30 this August.

I also like Single's Ward, but I haven't seen the sequel. I guess I'll have to check it out,

Jake said...

I would have to say that life indeed does change when you turn 30 (at least if you watch sports). Up to 29 I felt like I was still young then 30 hit and all of the sudden I'm just like all these elder statesmen on the NBA and NFL teams across the land. Luckily there has been no push to start testing for HGH in church ball so I can continue to play well into my 40's just like Roger.