Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween 2011

Halloween!!  What can I say??  This always seems to be a holiday that my children love and I tolerate. Oh well, what ya gonna do??

Every year we do pretty basic pumpkins.  You know, the face that takes about 3 minuites :)  Well this year the kids asked for something a little more detailed.  And, since I was trying to find a way to like Halloween more, I decided to give it a shot.  So we got online and found some pretty cool patterns and we set off to cut out some fancy pumpkins.

The "we" part quickly turned into the "I" part when the kids decided it was to hard for them and they would rather just play with the leftover pieces of pumpkin.  I on the other hand, was concentrating pretty hard for something as simple as pumpkin carving. (hence the tongue out :)

This was the end result (but the picture was taken two days later so some of the pieces are beginning to shrivel :)  They aren't perfect, but the kids were happy.  Using just a kitchen knfe was hard on some of the curves.  ( I already went and got a decent set of carving utinsels for next year, got to love the half off day after Wal-Mart sale :)

This is everyone right before we loaded up to go to the ward Trunk-or-Treat.  They had a lot of fun!!  Except for when a glow wand exploded in Kristian's face leaving him with some major stinging eye's, but daddy took him home and washed it out and then he was back to collecting candy :)    I have to say I am not a huge fan of Trunk-or-Treats, but that  is just me.  (I won't get into as it only contributes to the "Why I just tolerate Halloween" issue :)

Afterwards we all got together and sorted the candy. (and sadly, the candy in the picture does not represent all the candy)  Probably the part of Halloween that I really enjoy!!  I just think it is so fun to put things into like piles ;)  And the candy bar pile and smarties pile have switched in size since I was a kid :)  
So that was our Halloween!!

1 comment:

Emilee said...

I thought, when I saw the picture, "Oh cute. Jessi was a ladybug." And then I saw the real Jessi. I can't believe how much Kami has changed in just four months. Crazy!
Happy Halloween!