Thursday, September 23, 2010

Obsessions

Those of you who are my Facebook friends (and still check Facebook) may know that Melissa bought herself a new pair of gloves yesterday.   Not just any gloves mind you, these were quilting gloves.  Now by a show of hands how many of you out there knew that there was such a thing as quilting gloves?  I had no idea, but I have spent the last day wrapping my mind around quilting gloves and let me tell you it brought a smile to my face every time I envisioned it, but seeing the gloves in action made me laugh out loud.  
















Wait for it








I'm gonna get her a bandanna and some shades and then for Christmas we're going to look into retrofitting her Bernina with a V-Twin for a little more power.

Now lest you think I am picking on her too much I understand I have my own Obsessions as well.  I recently bought a road bike which will make 9 bikes that I have owned since High School.  I currently only own 2, having sold 3 bikes to pay for my road bike.  I have two pairs of cycling shoes, 3 jerseys, 3 pair of shorts, 2 pair of gloves, one pair of sunglasses, one helmet (I have broken two others over the years), a toolbox full of bicycle-specific tools, a truing stand, a bike work-stand, and a shed full of spare parts.  As if all that wasn't enough I was planning on shaving my legs yesterday but I couldn't find a razor.  

We all have our vices and if Melissa wants to have some funky gloves to make her feel cool while quilting then I'm all for it.  (She says they help a lot....so do smooth legs.)

3 comments:

becca said...

oh goodness!! I love Melissa! She makes me happy in her quilting madness. Thanks for the dramatic pause, I totally laughed out loud.

And yup. We all do have our obsessions its true.

Erica said...

Okay that was funny and I had NO idea they made quilting gloves. Hope you gave your wife a kiss after all that razzing. Shaved legs, really? It's a brave man to admit to that little tidbit who isnt Lance Armstrong ;)

Emilee said...

You look fabulous in your gloves, Melissa. I'm glad you have them. That's WAY less weird than shaving your legs. :)