Last Thursday we took a trip to Nauvoo. We left ourselves a few days to see the sights which turned out to be a very wise decision as the heat tended to take it out of the kids and they didn't last all day. We all had a great time. We learned a lot, played a lot, and felt the spirit a lot.
We asked everyone their favorite part of the trip and these were the results.
Spencer - "I liked playing with the crutches at pioneer past times." Spencer hobbled around for an hour on those little crutches.
Side Note . . . Spencer was very touched during the Jospeh Smith film and at the Carthage jail. He is so very close to the spirit and really blows Jacob and I away with his knowledge of the gospel and amazing tender spirit. I think he is much more ready to be baptized then I ever was.
Jessica - "I liked dressing up like a pioneer and being the mom of the house." And man oh man was she ever. Any kids that came around was instantly roped into her family, given and job, and told that they were loved. It was pretty cute.
Kristian - "I like the big oxen and their bums and I like my new horse Nauvoo." Kristian got a kick out of the oxen ride and of course the first thing he noticed was their bums under their tails. Kids :) He was also given a little wood horse widdled by one of the senior missionaries there. He named it "wood horse" and I told him that wasn't much of a name (great mom, huh) so he settled on Nauvoo, since that is where he got him from.
Jacob and I were each able to do a temple session and that was our favorite part. The temple always has such an amazing spirit and it was really a comfort to each of us. The Nauvoo Temple has such historical significance to the early beginnings of the church and being able to ponder on that while sitting in the rooms of the temple brought a very special spirit. I was so glad we were able to visit the Lord's house.
So those were our favorite parts. And to finish it off . . . . Here are some of my favorite pictures.
2 comments:
I'm so jealous! I'd love to do a session in the Nauvoo temple. Someday . . .
On a completely different note--Jacob, that pager handoff widget?? Oh Brother!
great photos! the kids do look a little hot too.. so glad you had fun!!!
Post a Comment