Anyway back to PBS. The show I was watching was about breakfast diners across the US. I love breakfast. If I go to a restaurant that serves it's breakfast menu all day I can't bring myself to order anything that is not on that menu. Melissa looks at salads and burgers and chicken, whereas I'm all for the pancakes, sausage, eggs, and of course biscuits and gravy.
On this particular show there was a diner that served a very unique dish. I can't remember the name of the diner or where it was located but the dish was a hard boiled egg surrounded in a layer of bratwurst sausage which was then covered with breadcrumbs and deep fried. Could there be a better food for your heart than this masterpiece. I had to try this concoction so today I set myself to do it.
First I boiled an egg then I covered it in a pancake of sausage (pork because that stuff out of Germany is nasty) and I rolled the product around in a bowl of crushed Club Crackers.
Next into the vat of oil and voila, sheer goodness.
Heart Healthy indeed.
In the future I will make the sausage layer somewhat thinner so that I won't have to fry it quite so long. There is a little pink near the bottom of the side on the right that I had to cut and refry, but still good nonetheless.
3 comments:
All you need to do now is follow it up with a dessert of butter marinated marshmallows!!
Oh the memories of those marshmallows.
Jacob, Jacob, Jacob.
Post a Comment