So I have joined my second Quilt Along. Yippee Skippee! When completed I will have created, with the help of the amazing tutorials from Amy's Creative Side, a Simple Sampler Quilt that I have chosen to do in a Christmas theme. I am so excited. Just sewing with these fabrics gets me in a Christmas-ish mood. So each week I will be posting 2 new blocks. Here are number 1 and 2. They start with the most basic and then work up. But I have to say, sometimes the most basic block turns out to be just adorable!
And in other quilting news, I finished another quilt. I am in love with the brown and pink combo and so here is the creation of that fascination. It was my first time doing a scalloped binding. I will say it was harder than expected and it didn't come out as nice as I would have liked but I learned a lot in the process. I love the appliqué on this quilt and am so happy with how it all turned out! I think I will put this up in my etsy shop tomorrow. I need to go to bed.
13 comments:
Your quilt along blocks are so cute! What a great idea to use Christmas fabric, wish I had thought of that! Your finished quilt is beautiful as well!
Love your quilt along blocks! I thought about doing Christmas, too, but for reason decided to knock out some of my scrap bin instead.
Your quilt should look great with the christmas prints.
cute!! love your stuff!!!
Good beginning on the quilt along. I think you will be very happy with your fabric choice. A christmas quilt will always get used.
I love your blocks! Christmas sewing is always such fun. Love the fabrics you used.
Have fun quilting!
Hugs, Karen
I love your Christmas blocks! They are super cute, as is your finished quilt - love that color combo too :)
I love them! I totally stole your idea to use Christmas fabric when I saw your blocks yesterday. Thanks for the inspiration!
I really like the x-mas prints! What a great idea!
Love the Christmas fabric choices! Can't wait to see it come together!
Christmas in July! How wonderful. I'm looking forward to see how the rest of your blocks turn out.
Your Christmas quilt will be so lovely; love those unusual fabrics!
hugz, Pam
I wish you a merry christmas, nice idea will surly be just in time, will surly be done by then, nice colors.
Post a Comment