Monday, June 21, 2010

Praying for Rain

If you go to lds.org and type pray for rain in the search bar you will be presented with a variety of stories about people who fasted and prayed for rain and then went out and planted their crops in preparation for the coming rain.

I told Melissa over a year ago that if she were to have twins we would have to get an SUV because there are no minivans that seat 8.  Today we went to Chicago to prepare for rain.





Oh, and the bab(ies) are due February 27th.*



*Some people believe that you should keep pregnancies secret until you have an ultrasound or hear a heartbeat.  I respect those views, but let's face it Melissa keeps a secret as well as a sieve holds water.  To her credit she did make it through a whole 3-hour block of church without telling anybody.

11 comments:

Jess, Andrew and Family said...

WHAT??????!!!!!!! Are you guys really having twins, or is this a joke and I am the most gullible person alive?????
Congratulations! That is amazing! I'm so excited for your family!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Seinna and Honda both make an 8 person minivan. I know that they are not considered "cool" for you westerners, but I am in LOVE with mine! You could not pay me enough money to drive an SUV! I had to drive one as a rental for a week, and I wanted to kill myself every time I had to get my kids in and out of it. Minivans rule!
Congrats again!

Anonymous said...

To clarify, we (and by we I mean I) are praying for rain ie. . . twins. We know we are expecting, but I am not far enough along to know much more than that.

However, when the van started having issues last week, Jacob used this "faith inspired rain scenario" to get his man card back.

Okay, I tease, but I guess I should say that after a year of preparing me, he has got me onboard the SUV train. And you might be shocked to hear it but, I love our new Yukon.

Anonymous said...

If you want an SUV that's fine but the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna have options to seat eight.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and your family! I love your new SUV. I can't wait to see it!

Charlotte said...

What? The end of the purple pickup? Tragic!

Seriously though, congratulations to you. I can hardly wait to have a new niece/nephew or two to love and spoil.

Emilee said...

Congratulations! Pray for rain, indeed.

Michael n' Brooke Sanderson said...

Congrats, I will pray for HAIL, (triplets!)
Miss you guys.

Shanda said...

Congratulations!!! That SUV looks like a lot of fun, but I do have to fight for the mini van! I love our van! Anyway, Congratulations! It would be extra exciting to find out you're having twins!

becca said...

oh good!! im so glad theres a pic so I can know what to look for when you drive by the next time!!!

Thanks for the wonderful chat and I cant believe I missed this post before you mentioned it!! Im praying that you get whatever kind of rain you desire, you are such a wonderful family, you deserve all the blessings you can handle and then some!!! Im here to help whenever you need it, even though you are supermom, you still deserve some breaks, please call when the time comes!! :)

By the way, Jacob this was such a sweet post and nice way to announce your news! Congrats to you guys!!!

Heather said...

congratulations! We drive a Pontiac Montana, which seats 8. It's nice because we can fit three carseats across the middle row and it has dual sliding doors...not much cargo space though.

FYI Melissa: You amaze me.

Laurel H. said...

Congratulations! I like the analogy of going to Chicago to "prepare for rain" and buy the 8-seater. :)

Blessings; I'll be praying for a safe pregnancy.