Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Picture Update

So once again I find myself getting behind on all the things I want to blog about and have to resort to a picture update. I will try to keep the details to a minimum to avoid an enormously long post (again).



The Primary Program was a few weeks ago. This was the kids before church. Spencer's part was quite large and had quite a few large words in it as well. He was the first child to speak and said his entire part from memorization. He did so well and Jacob and I were both really proud of him. Jessi followed and unfortunately did not have such a great experience. She started saying her part and got 4 words into it when she realized that she had started with the second line of her part. That's when the tears started flowing. She managed to get through it with the help of the Primary President and got a lot of Ohh's from the congregation.





Kami learned to crawl forward in the last week. She is pretty happy about it. So is mommy and daddy. We were all getting pretty frustrated with going backwards.



Jacob had his last night of call at the old hospital. The family joined him for a few hours to celebrate. He is pretty excited to never have to sleep at that hospital again and is looking forward to the nice new sleep rooms at the new hospital. Well, as much as anyone can look forward to spending 36 hours straight at a hospital.





We have a rather large tree in our front yard and a rather large tree in the back yard to match. As you can see, there was a lot of raking to be done this year. We tried to turn it into a family fun
activity, which wasn't completely unsuccessful.




We threw all of the leaves into our garden pad. Followed by the kids.


Then the real fun began. Hours of it!!



We were truly blessed to have Grandma and Grandpa Corry here for a few days at the end of October. I didn't take near enough pictures but Jacob did manage to get his long awaited picture of the Utes Bowl Game tribute at the College Football Hall of Fame.


After the Hall of Fame we headed over to the Studebaker Museum. Then it was a quick dinner and before you knew it it was time to get ready for Trick or Treating. (This picture was from the night of our trick or trunk actually, so Nader's costume will be different in the final picture. He traded with a neighbor and both of them were pretty happy about the trade)



Trick or Treating was awesome!! I think I need to have grandparents during every major holiday. The kids loved that they could each go at their own pace because they each had an adult to stay with them. I got Kami, easiest job ever!! They trick-or treated the entire 2 hours and yes, we still are working through this candy mound.


Thanks again Mom and Dad for coming to visit!!! It was so much fun to have you here and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon.


So that is the update!! I am hoping to keep up on posting but I make no promises :)

3 comments:

Charlotte said...

Love the picture of the kids that were thrown into the leaves.

Also, love to think of Jessi and her primary program part. So sweet (and a little bit sad)

Amanda and Chris said...

When I looked at your post, I was shocked at how much Kami has grown since the last pictures of her on the blog! I'm not around at your ward, so I haven't seen her. She's growing!! You have such a beautiful family!

Jeff and Larissa said...

Your kids were so cute in the Primary program! Yay for the new hospital!!!