Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Back home for a few days
We made it back from our whirlwind trip to Ogden. I interviewed at the McKay-Dee family practice residency yesterday and I'm very happy to be back home in good old Cedar City. It was by far the strangest (worst) interview I have had this year. I was initially very impressed with the facility and the curriculum, but as the day wore on I became more and more disinterested in them. I think they became more and more disinterested in me as well. I felt like I was being interviewed because the program is feeling pressure from the state to train rural docs and I fit that profile, but they really weren't too interested in me as a resident. I was also somewhat disappointed with the residents as none of them even seemed to want to put on a happy face and the welcome we got from the hospital (there were 10 applicants there yesterday) was less than warm. In the end I still think McKay-Dee is a great residency and trains great docs, but it is definitely not a good fit for me (or my family). Here's hoping next week goes better at St. Marks and the University of Utah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment